Faculty of Economics,
University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”
for participation in the 1 st Scientific Conference
Faculty of Economics of the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”, has established a
Scientific Journal named “Balkan Economic Review”, and organizes First Scientific
Conference with title: "Knowledge Based Society as a Strategy for Faster Economic Growth.
On behalf of the Scientific Committee, we invite you to participate with your papers to
contribute in this conference. The conference will be held in Prishtina, during 16-17
The aim of the conference is to promote scientific researches, academic cooperation and
networking between researchers in Kosovo and their colleagues from the Balkan region and
other European countries.
The Conference is oriented toward the discussion of contemporary business and economic
developments, problems and challenges in the world.
The Conference is open to both researchers from the academic and professional sphere from
public and private entities, from all over the world. The researchers and professionals will have a
unique opportunity to interact closely and share their knowledge and experiences between
them, but this Conference is good opportunity for master’s and PhD students who are also
welcomed to participate and contribute in the conference.
The conference will be held in English and Albanian. While the abstracts and papers are
accepted only in English language.
The main fields of researches of the Conference are related to: Economics, Management,
Marketing, International Economics, Finance and Accounting, SMEs and Entrepreneurship,
Management Information Systems, Business Research Methods, Tourism and Economic
Development, Business, Education, and Social Sciences, EU Integration and economics,
International Banking, Investments, Econometrics, Public Finance, Business Law,
Deadline for submission of the paper abstracts is: 25th of September, 2017
Information about approved abstracts until 3rd of October, 2017
Deadline for submission of full papers 20th October 2017.
Members of Scientific committee, after revision of the papers, will give comments and
suggestions until 31st October, 2017.
Submission of the revised full paper until 10th November 2017. The approved papers
will be published in conference proceeding issue with ISBN serial number (First issue).
Deadline for submission of the selected papers for publication in Scientific Journal with
ISSN serial number 30th November 2017 (publication of first issue/publication of the
Faculty of Economics with ISSN serial number).
Printed version of the First Issue 15th December 2017.
Selected papers will be published in Special Edition of the Journal of University
Nice Sophia Antipolis, France.
Papers should be sent at this e-mail: email@example.com and
1. Economic policy reform
2. Global economic crisis and regulation
3. Challenges in conducting monetary policy
4. Financial crisis, policy and income distributions across regions
5. Industrial policy and reindustrialization issues
6. Financial growth versus stability
7. National competitiveness and how to increase it
8. Decentralization and economic growth
10. Financial performances of public companies
11. Non performing loans – impact on macroeconomic performance
12. The process of integration in the European Union
13. Trade liberalization and regional cooperation
14. Competitiveness, firms and global value chains
15. The impact of regional policies
16. Globalization, poverty reduction and inequality
17. Environmental Economics
18. Remittances and economic growth
19. Globalization and ICT disparities
20. Natural recourses and economic growth
21. Education, employability and poverty reduction
22. Agriculture and economic growth
23. Service sector and socio economic development
Criteria’s for the format of the papers: can be found in the project webpage and other relevant
1. Journal web-page: http://www.balkaneconomicreview.net;
2. Faculty of Economics webpage http://ekonomiku.uni-pr.edu/ and
3. MODPhD Tempus Project web-page http://tempus-modphd.net/
Additionally, this scientific conference is organized with support from the TEMPUS Project
MODPhD no. 544188 and United Nations Development Program – UNDP.